Yes, I realize I’ve been pretty much MIA for the last month. Life has been a bit hectic lately, which has kept me from writing here. I do miss this place and interacting with all of you. I have ideas for new posts and there are several musings in my head right now, so I hope to stop neglecting this little blog so much.
In the meantime, I thought I’d use this as a catch-up post and fill you in on what’s happening these days. This is not my typical blog post, but hopefully you’ll stick around and see what’s new.
- It’s been a strange spring so far. As you know, my beloved Romeo left us in early March. Thank you so much to all of you that left thoughtful comments on the blog post or Facebook. I’m doing much better now, but I still feel pangs of sadness now and then. I find myself spending lots of time and attention to Casey. She has been with us since she was a puppy, and she’s been such a comfort to me since Romeo died.
- It’s hard to believe Sophie has only eight weeks left of kindergarten. Her transformation this year has been incredible. It’s insane that in September, reading was not in her vocabulary and now she’s writing and reading like crazy. It’s amazing, and is the subject for an upcoming post.
- Sophie also just finished running a marathon. The school hosts a morning Running Club for kids and parents who want to run/jog/walk before class starts. Sophie has been running with Bryan on regular basis since the fall. Yesterday she completed 26.2 miles – her first marathon! It was incredible to watch her run that last lap to get to the marathon completion. I was crying, and she was so proud of herself. I love that she set a goal and achieved it.
- I am super excited to be the first San Diego city editor for Red Tricycle. Some of you may already be familiar with Red Tricycle, which is an online resource for parents and families looking for cool things to do, places to go, and recipes to make. I’ve been writing for Red Tricycle for a while, and to make this leap is so exciting.
- Although I haven’t done any posts related to recipes lately, I’m still cooking and doing my monthly meal plans. I’ve been loving the recipes from The Fresh 20, which I wrote about last year. You should definitely check it out if you’re looking for easy meal planning options.
- As many of you know, I often review books on this blog and my book pile continues to grow. I took a break from the stack when I found a copy of Gone Girl at Goodwill for $5. And once I started reading Gone Girl, I couldn’t put it down. Holy cow, was that a mind trip! I’m glad they changed the ending for the movie since it will make the movie suspenseful in itself. Have any of you read it?
So there you have it (for now). I promise to have more substantive posts soon! In the meantime, here are some photos I snapped recently.
Tell me what you’ve been up to lately. Tried any new recipes? Reading any good books?