Monday Musings ~ February 15
Happy Monday and President’s Day!
1. Did you do anything fun for Valentine’s Day? We don’t really make a big deal about the holiday in our house. Since the day falls within Sophie’s four-day President’s weekend, I slept in, which is really all I ever want on any holiday (or any day, really). I am not the mom that makes heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast (not criticizing others; it’s just not my thing). Instead Bryan taught Sophie how to make her own scrambled eggs for breakfast (another win for me).
The weather was sunny, so Sophie and I went to the park. I made fillet steaks and Cesar salad for dinner, where I got to witness Sophie choke down lettuce like she was being fed poison. And I made the tri-frosting chocolate cake that I told you about last week. It was incredible, by the way. You can catch a photo of it on my Instagram page.
2. The photo above represents my current TBR pile of books. And there’s another stack of hardbacks behind it. It’s a bit out of control, I know; but so many great reads! As I mentioned last week, I kept starting books that would then lose my interest. But I finally started a book that I’m really enjoying. I picked up The Septembers of Shiraz by Dalia Sofer at a Goodwill Bookstore last year sometime and started it this weekend. I found myself truly engaged and for the first time in a while, the pages just kept turning. I can’t wait to dive into this awesome stack when I finish.
3. Since today is President’s Day, I have to tell you about these awesome educational cookie/cracker snacks from the Dick & Jane Baking Company. I LOVE these little educational snacks that have every one of the U.S. presidents on them! They also have crackers with the states and capitals too. I was first introduced to the snacks when they were part of our Avery + Austin kit. Wouldn’t these be so cute for homeschooling or to give to a social studies teacher (or any history lover)? Sophie and I have so much fun checking out who and what is on the snack. Okay, I’m the one having the most fun, but she indulges my inner history nerd.
4. Have you done your taxes yet? I dread doing them every year because, as I’m self-employed, I always owe Uncle Sam. I finally finished tallying up all my mileages and expenses for 2015. Now just need to start the actual process. I like to start the process sooner rather than later so I can budget for the inevitable. Gone are the days of the refund check coming in the mail.
5. If you were a Girl Scout cookie, which cookie would you be? Because really, isn’t that the question on everyone’s mind? Apparently I’m a Trefoil, and I’m not sure how I fell about that.
6. So funny story that I posted on Facebook recently: A Facebook friend posted a status update asking how long should you wait until defriending someone after they die. Later that day, said friend defriended me. So I jokingly commented that there’s a good chance I may be dead.
Well, as it turns out, there’s an entire Facebook setting section dedicated to what you want the social network to do with your account when you die. So not only do you have to worry about your last will and testament, you also need to indicate your preference for Facebook’s memorial mode. If this doesn’t scream “First World problem,” I really don’t know what does.
What’s going on in your life? Tell me what you’re musing about this week!
Other Posts You May Like:
- Monday Musings ~ February 8
- Monday Musings ~ January 25
- Monday Musings ~ January 11
- Monday Musings ~ January 4
This post contains affiliate links. That means I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you purchase a book through the links provided. This is essentially a way for me to support my obsessive book-buying habits.