Happy New Year! Here are a few thoughts as we start 2016.
1. How was your holidays and new year? Ours was fairly low-key and I stayed off the grid quite a bit. I expected to ring in 2016 with energy and enthusiasm. I have enthusiasm, but it’s tempered by the fact that I’m down with a lovely cold and am exhausted (despite sleeping in the entire break). So while everyone was posting pictures on Facebook of their new year’s weekend hikes, you should know that I was doing the complete opposite. Not that I’m complaining, as I do appreciate the health I have. And let’s face it, I’m not one to hike even when I’m feeling great. (Dog walking, yes … hike, not really.)
2. Have you seen Star Wars: The Force Awakens yet? We saw it and loved it! I’m fascinated by the new characters, enjoyed the presence of the classic characters, was happy with the focus on storytelling rather than battles, and how much it reminded me of the original movie. As someone who works in marketing, I’ve been fascinated how Star Wars is an entirely difference “force” with the Disney marketing and merchandise power behind it.
3. Really interesting article on the $500 million battle between Hasbro and Mattel for the Disney princess franchise. Yes, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty are worth THAT much!
4. Have you been watching Marking a Murder on Netflix? It’s fascinating, sad and disturbing all at the same time. Bryan and I watched it with our mouths open the entire ten hours. When it’s done, you’ll find yourself sucked into the online vortex of theories and behind the scenes articles about the documentary.
5. Speaking of television, I could write an entire blog post on the Homeland finale — or more specifically — how much of a disappointment it was. Without actually writing said post, I will say that it left me so mad for so many reasons, especially because the season was SO GOOD up until that episode. I also felt the ambiguity of the ending (which was done purposefully by the production team, by the way) was cheap. What did you think? Am I overreacting?
6. This map of an introvert’s heart — sums me up nicely!
7. I just realized this Monday Musings was quite a bit of television and movie fodder. Perhaps because that’s been my life the last two weeks.
What’s going on in your life? Tell me what you’re musing about this week!
Other Posts You May Like: