Monday Musings ~ May 23
1. First off, I want to thank all of you for your encouragement and comments about our big move to Indiana. It’s been an exciting and emotional roller coaster, so your nice words are greatly appreciated!
2. I may have written that Mary Chapin Carpenter is my absolute favorite singer/songwriter ever. I discovered her while in college and have been a fan ever since. Her words and songs are so hauntingly beautiful and resonate with me so deeply. I was thrilled when she released her latest album a few weeks ago. And it’s just as great – if not better – than her previous work. Check out this NPR article about her and listen to the album.
3. We are currently binging on season three of “The Americans” on Amazon Prime. So of course, I was fascinated by this behind-the-scenes article about how the television show is made. Do you watch “The Americans?”
4. Speaking of television, I agree with this article entitled “If You Want to be a Writer, You Should Be Watching TV.” A lot of the creative inspiration I’ve had recently has been a direct result from watching beautifully scripted stories and rich characters on television. And a well-constructed series is also a great teaching tool for how to pace a story. So if you ever needed inspiration to watch more television, now you have it!
5. Have you ever wondered why iced coffee is more expensive to purchase than hot coffee? I thought I was the only one who noticed this. But then I read this article and realized it’s a phenomenon and I’m not the only one who noticed.
6. Finally, loved this article about the most underrated, must-have items at Trader Joe’s. We’re big fans of those tortilla and mini ice cream cones. Oh, how I love a good trip to Trader Joe’s! What’s your favorite item?
What’s going on in your life? Tell me what you’re thinking about this week.
Other Posts You May Like: