One of the things I love about blogging is meeting some truly awesome people. I have met many fellow bloggers that live in San Diego (one literally right down the street!), and those in other cities and states. Many of these wonderful people have become good friends to me “in real life.”
Two of these awesome bloggers are the ladies behind the Long Story Short video series on YouTube. Megan and Wendy are Southern California moms, both of whom have their own blogs and started doing these videos last fall.
Now I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not a big YouTube person. Some people can spend hours watching online videos. I am not one of those people. But I LOVE what Megan and Wendy have done, and I get so excited when they release new videos each week.
One of my favorite Long Story Short video themes is the “tag,” which is basically a list of questions each of them answers. The tag is not exclusive to Megan and Wendy or videos, by the way; I’ve answered them here on my blog before too. Most recently they did a “I Heart Summer” tag, which inspired me to answer the questions here on my blog
So now that we’re in the full swing of summer, here are my answers to the “I Heart Summer” tag.
1. Your dream summer vacation. I’m a homebody and don’t vacation much. But Sophie and I recently experienced the Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa in Dana Point and I quickly realized it was likely my ideal vacation. Because it was only a mere 40 minutes north of San Diego), it required no air travel (I hate flying!) and it was so beautiful and relaxing! I read my book and enjoyed a summer drink poolside while Sophie swam. We had good food and I enjoyed much-needed relaxation. I would go back in a heartbeat. You can read more about Laguna Cliffs and our trip here on Red Tricycle.)
2. Favorite summer drink. Lemonade
3. S’mores or ice cream? Ice cream
4. Pool or Beach? Pool! I can’t handle sand.
5. Would you rather spend a summer day outside in the pool or inside watching Netflix? This is a tough one given that I am prone to Netflix binges. But over the summer, I’m going with outside by the pool since I love having reading time during the day.
6. Your most fun summer memory? As a kid, it would be the family vacations we took each summer to Lake Tahoe or the East Coast. Or the annual trip to the San Diego County Fair that my dad took me and my sisters to each year. And I’ve always loved celebrating the 4th of July.
7. Favorite summer nail polish? I don’t wear nail polish in summer. Or fall. Or winter. Or spring.
8. Sunglasses or hats? Sunglasses always
9. Favorite summer scent? My Oceanside beach candle from Bath + Body Works
10. Favorite BBQ food? Good, old-fashioned hamburgers and hot dogs
11. Bikinis, tankinis, or one pieces? One piece
12. Summertime book recommendations. I love reading during the summer!I just finished Joyce Maynard’s memoir, At Home in the World (LOVE her books!). I’m working my way through Orphan Train. Next on my list is The Good Girl and The Girl on the Train. Stay tuned for a future post of summer book recommendations!
And check out Long Story Short with Megan and Wendy where they answer the summer tag in the Newlywed Game style.
Your turn to answer the “I Heart Summer” tag! And do you watch YouTube video series? What do you recommend?
Other Posts You May Like: