Happy Monday! Here’s a snap of a post-El Niño rain day. I love the feeling right after the rain stops … the crisp smell, feeling of the cold air, water on the ground, the calm and quiet.
1. Who watched the Golden Globe Awards last night? As usual, the only award-winning movie I saw last year was “Inside Out.” But at least now I have a list of movies to soon watch on Amazon Video. I do have one burning question: How is it that “The Martian” receives multiple wins in the musical/comedy category? Also, has anyone seen “Joy” — is it good? It looks promising, but I can’t tell if that’s just because of Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper.
2. Let’s talk about Oprah and this Weight Watchers deal. Anyone else feel like she’s being a bit hypocritical saying that our happiness is hiding in a thin body? I’m not knocking Weight Watchers or the desire to lose weight. It just seems like a total 180 from what she’s preached all these years about living your best life and self empowerment.
3. I mentioned last week we finished watching “Making a Murder.” This article on the series — best one yet! It’s like Mean Tweets meets “Making a Murderer.” You’re welcome!
4. I took the Definitive 25 Question Introvert Type Test. I’m the Champion, which apparently is 3% of the population. What are you?
5. Interesting read about the lack of female characters in children’s books. A few years ago, I wrote a children’s picture book with a young girl as the main character. I queried it to several agents and it was never accepted. And in a writing class I took about children’s book success, the instructor told me I should make the protagonist an animal because animal characters are “gender neutral.” I understand that, but I wasn’t about to rewrite my story in order to market to the masses and commercial success. So I’m glad to see this issue written about in a publication like The Washington Post.
6. Why is everyone obsessed with The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up? Is this the sort of book that will never resonate with me because I have no problem throwing away and donating countless items in my house?
What’s going on in your life? Tell me what you’re musing about this week!
Other Posts You May Like: