The other day, I was staring at my huge pile of clothes on the closet floor and I thought to myself, “Why do I never put my clothes away?” I come home from work; change outfits, and leave the day’s attire in a pile. What an odd habit!
That bit of internal dialogue got me thinking of other nutty habits I have. So I decided to write a “my idiosyncrasy” list and, here you go!
1. Leaving my clothes in piles. I’ve always done this … since high school. It used to drive my mom crazy to see all my clothes draped over my desk chair. I do eventually put everything away. Not sure why I don’t do it right away. This is an ironic trait of mine considering how much I hate clutter.
2. I bite my nails. But you already knew that about me.
3. I cannot run the dishwasher until it’s stuffed to the brim with dishes and I have an uncanny ability to fit every dish into a spot. My philosophy is, ” No utensil left behind.”
4. I hate background TV noise. You know, those who leave the TV on while not watching it. It drives me insane. If Sophie even leaves the TV to start playing, I run over and shut it off. I don’t mind music though.
5. I don’t think is that much of an idiosyncrasy. But Bryan does, so I’ll mention it. I always have a plastic water bottle in the bathroom. And for quite a while, I would store the empty bottles under my sink until I collected enough bottles to take to recycling. Bryan thinks it strange that I’m stock-piling bottles. Yet I was really just being practical and doing a collection/recycle every so often rather than every day. And this is coming from the man who leaves his empty bottles on the counter for the Bottle Fairy to collect. At least mine are out of sight. You be the judge.
6. I hate icebreakers. Really. I cringe if I see an icebreaker on an agenda. I feel they’re a waste of time and I prefer to get down to business and socialize on my own time.
7. I am not a white-board person. I’m not into brainstorming and I get feelings of anxiety anytime I go to a meeting with a white board. So I guess it’s safe to assume that an ice breaker involving a white board would really set me over the edge.
8. I hate clutter in my house. I’m not judgmental when it comes to other people’s homes. But I cannot stand it in mine. I start to go aggro if there’s too much stuff on my counter after a day. I’ve been known to do this at work too (ask my staff).
9. I cannot print or write on the back of used paper. I just can’t. It freaks me out. Bryan is the king of re-using paper. He has piles of note paper that are all the backs of used pieces. Sorry, I’ll kill a tree for my sanity.
10. I’m afraid of heights. Like panic attack afraid. Bryan found this out about me on a ski lift in Lake Tahoe. Not the best time to find this out.