Can you believe summer ends in only eight short weeks?! Yep, that’s right. In eight week, it will be Labor Day, the traditional end of summer that typically corresponds with back-to-school week.
Since we’re half-way done, I thought I’d share our summer fun “to do” list. You can see by the items listed under “Accomplished” which things we’ve already done.
By the way, I can’t take credit for this idea. I stole it (and a few of the items) from two of my favorite blogs: Whatever and Flip Flop Follies. Check out these blogs; you’ll love them! Thanks for the inspiration, ladies!
- Go to the beach
- Swim in the kiddie pool in the backyard
- Make root beer floats
- Have sinus surgery (this one’s mine!)
- Participate in the San Diego Library’s Summer Reading Program
- Start and make a significant dent on the July 4th scrapbook (yep, mine too)
- Visit the San Diego Zoo
- Visit Sea World
- Visit the Fisher-Price Play Weekend at the Wild Animal Park
- Have fun at the South Park Summer Walkabout
- Make salted caramel cupcakes
- Watch July 4th fireworks
- Attend the community July 4th parade
- Make patriotic cup cakes
- Shop for produce at community Farmer’s Market
- Teach Sophie how to play Candy Land
- Make homemade ice cream
- Finger and brush painting
- Storytime at Warwicks Bookstore and the local library
- Sophie attends preschool summer camp (half-way through)
What about you? What have you all been up to this summer?